About Beneficial State Bank and Foundation
Headquartered in Oakland, Beneficial State Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit that aspires to build and advance a beneficial banking model that transforms the banking industry. In partnership with our communities and allies, we accelerate the transformation by attracting human, financial, intellectual and capital resources to the “beneficial banking” movement.
Our vision is of a banking industry that is fair to the person with the least bargaining power; provides access to financial services for all our communities, particularly the traditionally underserved; results in the long-term prosperity of responsible consumers; promotes financial system stability; and contributes to the sustainability of the environmental commons. We call this vision Beneficial Banking.
The Foundation owns the economic interests of Beneficial State Bank, an FDIC-insured Community Development Financial Institution (CDFI) founded with a triple bottom-line focus on social justice, environmental resilience and economic sustainability. The Bank is a state chartered, federally regulated, for profit banking organization that offers fair and transparent banking services. Beneficial State Bank has been a certified B Corporation since 2013, and has been honored as “Best for the World,” a designation reserved for the top 10% of all B Corps based on environmental, community and worker impact.
Administrative Assistant: Position Overview
Beneficial State Foundation seeks an outstanding, mission-driven and detail-oriented individual to support the operations and administrative needs of our organization, including overseeing general administrative activities, assisting with financial management, and coordinating human resources. The Administrative Assistant will have the opportunity to learn and develop operational and project management skills in a non-profit and bank holding company setting. This position supports the management team and reports to and works closely with the Director of Operations of the foundation. The individual will enjoy being part of a dynamic team of very intelligent and hardworking people that are passionate about social change.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide administrative support to the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and Director of Operations
- Manage calendar, scheduling, and travel arrangements for ED and DD
- Assist in managing day-to-day business operations and resolve operational issues
- Assist in coordinating HR services and procedures
- Manage and assist with environmental sustainability projects, under guidance from the Green Team
- Assist in preparing and submitting reports to auditing and regulatory institutions, including the Federal Reserve Bank and the IRS
- Assist the Director of Operations with monthly accounting procedures
- Assist with organization of board meetings
- Manage and update Foundation’s centralized electronic and paper filing systems
- Update and maintain organizational database systems
- Manage procurement of supplies and services
- Assist with event planning and networking mixers at Bank and Foundation
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications, Skills and Abilities
- Solid computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook, Access, and PowerPoint required. Ability to use Adobe DC or Professional a plus
- Graphic design skills preferred
- Proofreading, editing, and writing skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication skills, especially via email and phone
- Proven commitment to social and environmental justice
- A positive attitude, compassion, and strong team-oriented work ethic
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred, but not required
- Experience with general office operation tasks and maintenance
- Ability to structure and execute work-plans for different projects required
- Track record of ability to manage projects
- Must possess discretion and ability to make sound decisions with confidential and proprietary information
- Must possess tact, diplomacy, good judgment, and discretion
- Experience with internet research to provide information for presentations, projects, and programs
- Capacity to work effectively in a fast-paced environment, to work independently, and be both creative and strategic when confronted with complex operational problems
- Proven ability to handle multiple projects under pressure and deadlines
- Detail oriented, accurate, and timely with assigned tasks
- Capacity to take initiative, consult, share information and ask questions when needed
- Ability to be flexible and comfortable in an evolving organization, and with “gray area”
- Fluent in Spanish, a plus
- Great sense of humor!
To apply, please prepare a thoughtful cover letter and submit along with your resume.
Compensation: Salary commensurate with experience and offering excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401k and more.
Beneficial State Foundation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants in all company facilities without regard to race, color, religious creed, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, pregnancy, childbirth, physical disability, mental and/or intellectual disability, age, military status or status as a Vietnam-era or special disabled veteran, marital status, registered domestic partner or civil union status, gender (including sex stereotyping and gender identity or expression), medical condition (including, but not limited to, cancer related or HIV/AIDS related), genetic information, or sexual orientation in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
You are applying for:
Beneficial State Foundation