Customer Account Manager
Join an established and award-winning team at Binary Stream Software, a 2015 winner of Microsoft’s President’s Club and ranked as one of BC Business Magazine’s fastest growing software companies. Binary Stream is a leader in building ERP software components that simplify and streamline complex accounting challenges. Our competitive advantage is, and always will be, our people.
We are in the early stages of a plan to take our growth to another level and, as part of this plan, we have an exciting opportunity for a Customer Account Manager to join our Sales team.
This new position combines equal parts sales, customer advocate, business development and market researcher. As our CAM, you’ll be a pivotal part of our customer’s experience. This is an entry-level position that will prepare the incumbent to grow as a salesperson and be able to move into larger and higher-level roles as they develop.
Reporting to the Director of Sales, the Customer Account Manager has five primary responsibilities:
- Outbound prospecting and handling inbound requests for information to qualify and develop new prospects
- Work with our VARs and directly with End User customers to increase add-on sales of Binary Stream products within Binary Stream’s existing customer base
- Strengthen relationships with End Users to help the Marketing Department develop references and a user community
- Support and enhance annual maintenance and renewals programs
- Gather and document customer usage and market trend information to support product marketing and product management teams
Through direct calling, marketing campaigns and working with our VARs, the CAM will:
Perform implementation check-ins with “new to Binary Stream” customers to begin a relationship and identify any opportunities to assist the client.
- Cold calling, cold emailing, LinkedIn networking, responding to inbound requests, supporting marketing multi-mode campaigns to develop and qualify new prospects
- Spot opportunities for additional products – and will support our VAR partners as they drive those opportunities through the sales cycle
- Support product marketing and product management efforts by gathering and documenting customer usage and market trend information
- Identify new references and product advocates
- Quarterback sales activities including the planning and delegation of appropriate pre-sales resources against specific opportunities.
- Manage end to end sales cycles in closing sales of our products and services.
- Support the Maintenance Renewals process as needed.
- Maintain and keep safe the records, files, assets, and property of Binary Stream Software Inc., its customers, clients and resellers.
- Participate in trade shows and customer/partner visits.
- Travel as needed – up to 10% of time
The ideal candidate is someone with sales, customer support or accounting experience or aptitude that possesses an outgoing attitude, an inquisitive mind, a desire to help others and a passion for selling.
The successful candidate will have the following qualifications:
- A post-secondary degree in business, accounting and/or Information Technology.
- A strong sense of personal accountability and a passion for team work and collaboration
- Basic to advanced knowledge of accounting
- Superior written and oral English communication skills
- Intermediate to advanced working knowledge of MS Office products including Dynamics CRM, MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Intermediate presentation skills
- Proficiency with technologies such as remote collaboration tools i.e. VPN, Goto meeting, webinars and adept to emerging technology tool
Previous ERP sales/support/consulting experience is an asset – but not a requirement.
What We Offer
A great place to work.
You will be challenged to achieve, grow and develop but will laugh often and share many team outings and meals throughout the year. Join our running club and try to beat the CEO in the Sun Run or be an armchair athlete by joining a hockey pool. Foodies will enjoy the regular potlucks, pizza days and picnics, and for those outdoors people, there’s the occasional hike or canoeing day too.
Binary Stream offers competitive compensation including a comprehensive benefits package with full health and dental benefits, an RRSP Program with matching DPSPs, and a tuition assistance program.
Binary Stream values our employees and has created a flexible and friendly work environment where our employees can succeed and grow into their next roles. We are team-driven, collaborative, and accountable to one another.
Join Our Team
Qualified candidates are invited to send a cover letter and resume to our HR Team. Apply here to upload your cover letter and resume in one file.
Note that due to the volume of applications we receive, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. No recruitment agencies please.
You are applying for:
Customer Account Manager
Binary Stream Software Inc.