Baker / Pastry Chef
We are seeking confident, enthusiastic, and detail oriented individuals to join our culinary team at Carmen’s Banquet Centre! As a member of our team of champions, you will gain meaningful work experience in a welcoming and exciting environment where we lead by example and work together to achieve results.
AS A PART OF THE CULINARY TEAM, YOU WOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Taking direction from the Executive Chef, prepare a wide range of breads, pastries, and other baked goods
- Follow the formulas to ensure quality is met and cost consistent
- Responsible for ensuring proper sanitation and quality of product by ensuring cleanliness of area and rotating stock regularly
- Make a difference in the lives of each and every one of our guests and clients through directly contributing to the creation of everlasting memories
- Exercise good judgment and demonstrate leadership abilities to inspire the actions of your fellow co-workers and drive positive change in the organization
- Extensive knowledge of food handling and sanitation standards, including Safe Food Handlers Certificate
- Minimum of one to two years of experience in the food and/or hospitality industry
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Culinary trade papers or Red Seal considered as asset
Carmen’s Banquet Centre is an elegant event venue that has served as a Hamilton landmark for over 35 years.
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s and the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
You are applying for:
Baker / Pastry Chef