You have excellent bookkeeping and accounting skills, with the experience to match. You enjoy involving yourself with small business tax, and all its intricacies. You have a desire to exceed client expectations. Perhaps you are looking for a place that will give you some flexibility, or are looking to get back into the workforce.
Most importantly, you want to be an important part of a growing firm that provides you with meaningful work, and an opportunity for you to prove yourself.
If this sounds like you, we may have a job for you.
We are Williamson Accounting Services, a firm that specializes in providing accounting, bookkeeping and taxation services to small businesses and entrepreneurs. We also provide consultation for growing businesses and to individuals looking to start their own. We provide a personal touch to our services: we actively work with all our clients to understand their business, and customize our services to suit their needs. By finding efficiencies, improving processes and navigating the tax system with our clients, we aim to minimize their paperwork and let them concentrate on what they do best: growing their business.
We’re looking for a part-time accountant to contribute their expertise and skills to our company. Will that person be you?
Your goal in this position will be to provide bookkeeping and accounting services for a diverse range of clientele.
On a practical level, you will:
- Organize and compile client data from source documents
- Entering invoices, receipts and reconciling bank accounts
- Preparing government remittances (Payroll, WSIB and HST, EHT)
- Reconciling bank statements
- Preparing and reviewing T1s (Personal Taxes)
- Preparing working paper files and T2 corporate tax forms
- Communicate with the Canada Revenue Agency on behalf of clients
Your experience with corporate tax will be important: a bulk of our clients are small businesses and your expertise will be necessary to provide them with the assistance they need. Your ability to focus on detail will be crucial, as you will be working with sensitive information. As you gain experience and familiarize yourself with the environment, you will have the opportunity to suggest improvements to our work flow and become a leading voice.
You will excel in this position if you are:
- Independent: you do not need somebody looking over your shoulder to complete your work to the best of your standards.
- Responsible: your dedication to your clients compels you to get things done in a timely manner.
- Proactive: You spot potential issues and act to solve them before they become too problematic.
Working at Williamson Accounting Services
We are a small team of four people who work in tandem with one another. You will be working directly with the owner, who shows respect and will always provide the necessary information needed to complete your tasks.
We always strive to be better and inspire our employees to help us improve. We empower you to suggest improvements to our work flow and processes. We recognize those who wish to grow with us and will assist you when the opportunity arises.
This is a part-time, permanent position at our offices in North York. You will be working 20-24 hours a week, with the potential for more hours when necessary. As the business grows, there will be an opportunity for this role to turn into a full-time, salaried position. Our compensation is competitive which includes the possibility of earning bonuses based on performance but it is our attitude that makes us the place to be. All employees will receive time off during Christmas and mid-July.
- Two years of accounting and bookkeeping experience
- Experience in a public accounting firm is an asset
- Education and experience with corporate taxation
- A post-secondary degree or diploma in accounting or business
- Strong Experience using Quick-books is an asset
- Strong English speaking and writing skills
- Knowledge and experience of personal tax preparation is an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results. Priority will be given to those who complete the assessment.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for: