ET Registered Nurse
Looking for more?
At VHA Home HealthCare, more is not just our commitment to clients, but to our incredible team of staff.
Creating opportunities for more independence; it’s what people in the community rely on us for and what VHA Home HealthCare (VHA) a not-for-profit charity—has provided since 1925. With over 2,500 staff and service providers VHA offers home and community services that support Ontarians’ independence including: homemaking, nursing, personal support and rehabilitation services. Our caring, professional team offers spectacular care to Ontario seniors, families, adults and children living with disabilities or suffering from a chronic or terminal illness, helping them live life more independently, in comfort and with dignity.
We are currently seeking:
Enterostomal Therapist Registered Nurse in the Mississauga area (part-time position).
- Certification in Enterostomal Therapy ( CETN ( C) ) from the Canadian Nurses Association ( C.N.A.)
- Graduation from an Enterostomal Therapy Nurse Education program recognized by the Canadian Association for Enterostomal Therapy ( CAET)
- Nursing diploma or degree from a recognized college or university
- Minimum 3 years of Enterostmal Therapy experience
- Membership in your Professional Association preferred (RNAO)
- Current registration with the CNO and First Aid/CPR
- Good communication and documentation skills
- Knowledge of the community
- Ability to integrate and apply critical thinking skills to client care
- Physically able to provide safe and timely client care
- Use of proper body mechanics and successful completion of the Physical Readiness Test to ensure safe work practices are followed, including mobility, transfers, bending, lifting, pushing and pulling
- Valid driver’s license and access to a car is required
Why Work at VHA?
- VHA has over 90 years of experience providing high quality care you can be proud of.
- A stimulating, client and family focused work environment.
- A variety of full-time and part time positions.
- We invest in our staff, offering continuous opportunities for learning.
- Competitive compensation and paid orientation.
- Eligible staff are entitled to a comprehensive benefits package.
- Pension is available to eligible staff.
- A confidential, free Employee Assistance Program is available to all staff and service providers.
- We foster a supportive, and respectful team environment.
How to Apply
Our online application will allow you to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and working-environment fit, and should take about 10–15 minutes to complete. You can also get a copy of your personality assessment when you’re done by logging back into the tool after you complete your application.
VHA Home HealthCare is committed to creating an inclusive and diverse work environment. If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the button in the application or contact us in advance.
Thank you to everyone who applies. We will review applications as they are received. We will only be contacting those selected for further discussion.
You are applying for:
ET Registered Nurse
VHA Home HealthCare