Nelson Motors & Equipment, a John Deere dealership, is currently hiring a Parts Manager for their Estevan, SK location.
Estevan is the eighth largest city in Saskatchewan, Canada. It is located approximately 16 km (9.9 mi) north of the Canada–United States border. The Souris River runs by the city. Estevan is known for motor sports, hunting & fishing and parks.
The Parts Manager manages the parts operations and parts personnel within the dealership to provide the highest level of internal and external customer satisfaction while maximizing return on investment through parts sales, inventory control, and expense control. This position ensures optimization of the parts department process.
- Supervises 3 parts technicians and a parts driver
- Communicates, enforces and monitors effective Parts Department processes to ensure internal and external customer satisfaction as well as Parts Department efficiencies.
- Maintains annual Parts Department budget and goals in alignment with the operational and financial objectives of the organization.
- Monitors branch Parts Department performance relative to parts sales, inventory management and expense control in line with the organization’s objectives.
- Maintains an accurate and effective parts inventory control system including perpetual and/or physical inventory and proper counter procedures.
- Works with Sales and Service for their input on stocking levels and knowledge of their needs.
- Submits all parts warranty and return claims within the required time frame to receive maximum credit.
- Clears credit invoices from John Deere Statement
- Correctly claims all overages and shortages in a timely manner to receive maximum credit
- Collaborates with other branches to maximize use of all order discount programs to achieve management stock order goals.
- Ensures all department tools, equipment and vehicles are in good working order.
- Works with Corporate Parts Manager to enhance and maintain the organizations John Deere Customer Experience Score goals in sales, service and more particularly parts.
- Assists the Corporate Parts Manager in recruiting, staffing, retaining and learning pathway activities for the Parts Department.
- Maximizes showroom space and promotes seasonal merchandise as well as promoting ALL company sponsored initiatives
- Ensures that all personnel are performing with a team approach.
- Ensures that the parts department is clean and orderly
- Makes “On Farm” visits to promote Nelson Motors and the Aftermarket business of the company.
- Other duties as management may assign.
Ideally, we are looking for someone with John Deere parts experience as agriculture parts is preferred.
Management experience is also preferred.
You are applying for:
Nelson Motors & Equipment Partnership