Head Banquet Chef
We are seeking confident, passionate, and creative individual drive the culinary experience at the Lakeview! As a member of our team of champions, you will gain meaningful work experience in a welcoming and exciting environment where we lead by example and work together to achieve results.
AS A PART OF THE CULINARY TEAM, YOU WOULD HAVE THE OPPORTUNITY TO:
- Ensure consistent food preparation and the highest caliber of food presentation, continuously striving for improvement
- Effectively communicate with event personnel and Carmen’s Banquet Centre staff for specialty items
- Ensure the cleanliness and hygiene in the kitchen including refrigerators and storerooms; instilling safe food handling practices
- Supervise and participate in the production and plating of all food service areas
- Order inventory of food and beverage products as required and under the direction of the General Manager to ensure inventory levels are sufficient to meet banquet needs
- Take proactive efforts to minimize waste and maximize quality
- Maintain product consistency by conducting inspections of seasonings, portion, and appearance of food
- Attend designated meetings, events, and menu tastings
- Oversee food deliveries to ensure the products have been delivered and stored accordingly
- Completion of Apprenticeship Program - A Certificate of Qualification and Red Seal certification is considered an asset
- Extensive knowledge in Food Safety Standards and Guidelines, including safe food handling practices and certificate
- Minimum of three to five years of experience in the food and/or hospitality industry, including experience with inventory, cooking temperatures, and time management
- Must be able to use basic math to calculate portions, develop recipes, and review invoices, variance reports and kitchen purchases, as well as maintain cost of food percentages
- Intermediate level proficiency with Microsoft Suite (Microsoft Word, Excel) is required
The Lakeview by Carmen’s is an eye catching beach front event venue nestled along the shores of Lake Ontario.
Carmen’s group is an entertainment and hospitality company committed to creating extraordinary memories for our guests and clients. Driven by our passion, creativity, innovative thinking, and world class service, we have remained industry champions for over 35 years. We are committed to enriching the lives of our guests through providing one of a kind experiences at each of our venues including Carmen’s Banquet Centre, The Best Western Premier C Hotel by Carmen’s, The Lakeview by Carmen’s, the Hamilton Convention Centre by Carmen’s, and Dundas Valley Golf & Curling Club. We are devoted to bringing excitement to Hamilton and Southern Ontario, and to enhancing the image of Hamilton with every strategic initiative we pursue.
Carmen's Group makes certain there is an equal employment opportunity for all employees and applicants for employment. Carmen's Group will strive to provide accommodation to persons with disabilities in the recruitment process upon request. If you are selected for an interview and you require accommodation due to a disability during the recruitment process, please notify Human Resources upon scheduling your interview.
You are applying for:
Head Banquet Chef