About Northern Light Technologies (NLT)
NLT is a turn-key partner in the design, manufacture, deployment, and support of scalable communication technologies that is changing the way mines and tunnels communicate, collaborate, and operate.
NLT is seeking a Sales Engineer to work closely with Sales and Management to specify, quote, commission, and support ruggedized industrial networks including Wi-Fi based solutions in mines, tunnels, and industrial applications in North America. The ideal candidate will have some experience in mining communications or control systems with corresponding knowledge of underground mining processes and typical mining procedures and methods. Candidates with a mining background who have technical abilities and a working knowledge of technology in networking, PLC, or automation background will also be considered.
The role will involve all aspects of an installation including site co-work, interfacing with the customer and our internal teams, and costing. There will be significant input into presales for quotation development and into design for product refinement and specification. The position will require extensive travel as our head office is located in Greater Toronto with a customer base in Canada and the US.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Quoting pricing and doing layouts for Digital networks (ie: using 802.11 WiFi),
- Commissioning and guiding the customer to install systems in mines and tunnels,
- Work closely with Sales to win and implement solutions
- Effectively understand what the customer and sales require to help position our solutions ,
- Travel within North America up to 40% of the time
- Working in harsh environments
- Assist in generating all documentation and procedures suitable for the installation process.
- Graduate of an engineering or networking program with some experience in the field, BEng, BCS, BAT, Network/Computer Technologist or equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in a mining, tunneling or heavy industrial environment
- Prior experience in co-coordinating installations of communication, Automation, or Mining systems preferred
- Ethernet and Wi‐Fi (802.11), TCP/IP Network skills, CCNA or higher is an asset
- Knowledge of RF and Antenna theory with hands‐on experience
- High proficiency with MS office, including Visio. Linux knowledge and familiarity with AutoCAD is ideal.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Valid Drivers’ License as well as hold a valid passport or the ability to retain one
- French or Spanish as a second language would be an asset.
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete candidate and not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. You can get a copy of your assessment when you’re done by logging back into the application tool.
If you require any accommodation in the application process, please contact us with the “Need Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Northern Lights Technology