As an experienced plumber or HVAC technician, there are two things you’re looking for in your job: steady, consistent work, and great work/life balance that allows you to spend time with your family, and enjoy everything life has to offer.
We’re Stevenson Plumbing & Electric, and we’re looking for you. We’re a full service, one-stop shop for all the electric, plumbing, or HVAC needs a client could have. We’ve been serving the Muskoka area for nearly 25 years, and thanks to our great reputation for high-quality work, we’re looking to grow to keep up with demand.
That’s where you come in. If great work combined with the Muskoka lifestyle sounds appealing, we want to hear from you.
Whether you’re our new plumber or HVAC tech, your goal will be to take on new jobs, and work independently until completion.
You’re capable of managing the entire job from beginning to end, and don’t need any hand-holding along the way. You’re organized, think ahead, and confidently solve any problem that might appear on a job-site.
You’re someone whose tool set is always in order. You know exactly what supplies and materials you need on-site, and all your work is completed on time, to the highest standards of quality. ‘Good enough’ is never good enough for you.
Specifically, you’ll work with:
- Private residences and commercial buildings: from homes and cottages to large commercial buildings, you’ll encounter a wide variety of challenging and interesting work.
- New builds and retrofits: you’ll read blueprints and drawings to install new systems, as well as upgrade older buildings to meet current code requirements.
- Clients and coworkers: provide high level customer service, and coach and instruct apprentices.
If you have these skills, and you’re highly reliable, with great judgement and communication skills, you could be perfect in this role.
Working with Us
This is a full-time permanent position, with a competitive starting salary of $26-$30/hour, commensurate with experience. You’ll work Monday to Friday, 8:00am-4:30pm, with occasional emergency on-call responsibilities (on a 6-8 week rotation). We offer lots of steady work, opportunities for overtime, as well as benefits and vacation.
Stevenson Plumbing & Electric is a second generation, family operated company, in business since 1993. We create a family feel throughout the organization, but also offer all the structure and stability of a much larger company. In addition, you’ll get to experience the fantastic Muskoka lifestyle, every single day. We’re busy, relaxed, and focused on doing high quality work without the stress and pressures of the city.
- Experience as a plumber or HVAC tech, with full knowledge of the code book
- Experience reading and interpreting blue prints and architectural drawings
- Your own tool kit, in clean, well maintained, working order
- A valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Red Seal certification as a plumber or HVAC technician (or 5th year apprentice)
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Able to do physical work that involves lifting and carrying heavy equipment, standing, kneeling, and bending regularly
- Valid First Aid certificate an asset
- Health and Safety and WHMIS training an asset
How to Apply
Our online application will give you the option to apply to this role as a complete person – not just a resume. The application will assess your qualifications, personality traits and workplace preferences, and should take 10 to 15 minutes to complete. After submitting, you'll receive an email inviting you to log in and view your assessment results.
We value diversity and inclusion and encourage all qualified people to apply. If we can make this easier through accommodation in the recruitment process, please contact us with the “Help” button in the application.
We will review applications as they are received and look forward to hearing from you.
You are applying for:
Stevenson Plumbing and Electric