Department – Marketing
Reports to – Marketing Coordinator
Who We are -
Alter Eco is a pioneer of globally crafted organic foods, including delicious Swiss-made chocolate bars and truffles, Bolivian Royal quinoa, heirloom and Thai rice. All Alter Eco products are USDA Certified Organic, Fair Trade Certified, Carbon Neutral Certified, Non-GMO Project Verified and Certified Gluten-Free. Alter Eco is dedicated to full-circle sustainability throughout its operations and supply chain through four pillars: sourcing using Fair Trade principles, producing of only organic and non-GMO foods, creating minimal waste by working towards 100 percent compostable packaging, and in-setting their carbon emissions via large scale reforestation programs in the cooperatives that produce their crop.
Alter Eco is looking for a seasonal brand ambassador to drive brand awareness and sample our chocolate throughout San Francisco using our Tuktuk at events and via guerilla sampling.
Essential functions include, but are not limited to the following areas:
- Sampling across San Francisco in our fun branded vehicle, a tuk tuk! You will target neighborhoods near Whole Foods market & yoga studios, farmers markets, and areas with high foot traffic – estimate 8h per week
- Holiday Event support: Engage with customers and help tell the story of Alter Eco and our products. Provide support sampling and selling products – additional ~8h/ event on an as needed basis (at least three events scheduled in November – December)
Who You Are:
- You’re dynamic, outgoing, and aren’t afraid to interact with people you don’t know.
- You have great customer service experience and skills.
- You’re adventurous and would love to cruise around San Francisco in our tuk tuk (very safely and responsibly, of course). Training on how to drive the Tuk Tuk will be provided.
- You have a flexible schedule and can commit to 8 hrs a week.
- You have a valid driver’s license.
- You are responsible, organized and reliable.
- You love food, specifically, artisanal, world-traveling, organic, fair trade and carbon neutral whole foods that create authentic, high-quality eating experiences
- You are passionate about sustainability, fair trade and triple bottom line business
Physical Demands and Work Environment
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this position. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the functions.
- While performing the duties of this position, the incumbent is regularly required to talk or hear.
- The incumbent frequently is required to use hands, fingers, handle or feel objects, tools and controls.
- The incumbent is occasionally required to stand; walk; sit; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl.
- Specific vision abilities required by this position include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
To be considered, applications MUST include cover letter with a brief description of relevant work experience and 3 reasons why you are interested in being an Alter Eco Brand Ambassador.
You are applying for:
Alter Eco Foods
SAN FRANCISCO, CA